The Authority requested assistance from The Commonwealth Treasury and the Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIICCSRTE) to provide input to its economic analysis for the Targets and Progress Review. The Treasury and DIICCSRTE undertook the economic modelling of different climate change mitigation scenarios in close consultation with the Authority.
The scenarios modelled were agreed by the Authority and DIICCSRTE to provide analytical inputs to both the Authority’s Review and for emissions analysis within Government.
The Treasury and DIICCSRTE modelling report and the consultants’ reports on detailed modelling of the electricity, transport and agriculture sectors are published here:
- Treasury and DIICCSRTE economic modelling of climate change mitigation scenarios
- Treasury and DIICCSRTE consultation on modelling assumptions
- ACIL Allen modelling of emissions from Australia's electricity generation sector
- Centre for International Economics (CIE) modelling of Australia's agricultural emissions
- DIICCSRTE modelling of emissions from the Australian land sector
- Vivid Economics report on changes in electricity consumption, emissions intensity of electrical supply and economy-wide emissions
- CSIRO modelling of emissions and activity for the Australian transport sector
- CSIRO sensitivity analysis of modelling of light vehicle emission standards in Australia