The Climate Change Authority employs both ongoing (permanent) employees and non-ongoing (temporary) employees.
Climate Change Authority staff are covered by the employment conditions as outlined in the former Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency Enterprise Agreement 2011-14 (PDF 1.1 MB).
All ongoing vacancies are advertised on the APS Jobs website.
Director Corporate Services Job Ref VRN VRN01/2014
- Ongoing/non-ongoing positon
- $113 950 - $150 343
The Director Corporate Services will be responsible for leading the small corporate services team and hold the position of Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and responsibilities are set out below:
- Primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities of the Authority, including:
- providing day-to-day financial management advice and accounting expertise to CEO and senior management;
- managing in a timely and accurate manner the Authority’s budget, reporting, financial statements, accounts payable and receivable;
- providing timely and accurate advice on procurement and contractual activities;
- ensuring effective internal controls and risk management strategies are in place;
- ensuring compliance with relevant Commonwealth legislation and guidelines;
- providing input to Senate Estimate briefs and board papers; and
- completing ad-hoc projects as required
- Managing the other corporate services function including Human Resources, Information Technology, Building services and administrative support.
- Drive the development and delivery of the Authority’s corporate plan, mission statements and organisational culture.
- Managing the continuing development and maintenance of the Authority’s governance, compliance and business management procedures including the Authority’s Governance Framework, Accountable Authority Instructions, Corporate Plan, Annual Report, Fraud Control, Risk Management, Security, Business Continuity.
- Manage and deliver the internal audit function for the Authority.
- Management of the Shared Services Agreement with the Departments of the Environment, Industry and Prime Minister and Cabinet.
- Provide leadership to members of the Corporate Services Branch.
- Effectively communicate and build strong working relationships within the Authority and the Department of the Environment.
Based in a small Agency, the role requires the individual to work as a generalist as well as holding specific financial qualifications in a dynamic environment and assume new responsibilities as they emerge. The successful candidate will therefore be required to be a self-starter and demonstrate a high degree of initiative to be able to meet deadlines within a changing environment.